slow scrolling in other programs after installing TopStyle 4

Post anything about TopStyle here. NOTE: TopStyle has been discontinued.

Moderator: TopStyle Support

george-elliott
Rank I - Novice
Rank I - Novice

slow scrolling in other programs after installing TopStyle 4

Post by george-elliott »

I installed TopStyle 4 demo recently; but I had to immediately uninstall it, even before I ever starting TopStyle for the first time, because the installation of TopStyle 4 slowed my system to a crawl (extremely slow scroll up and down in a document). After I uninstalled TopStyle 4 demo, my system still crawled; so I used System Restore to restore to a point just before downloading TopStyle. Immediately after restoring, my system ran normally. If you want, I will provide a system report of hardware and software by BelArc, or by Speccy, your choice. I hope that this problem can be fixed soon because I would like to try TopStyle soon.

george-elliott
Rank I - Novice
Rank I - Novice

Re: slow scrolling in other programs after installing TopSty

Post by george-elliott »

Update. Since the slow scrolling, which I encountered with TS 4, I found and installed TS 5 beta (after removing TS 4). TS 5 beta does not cause any slowness of scrolling or any other problem which I can detect. TS 5 beta nevertheless has defects which I will mention in another topic.

george-elliott
Rank I - Novice
Rank I - Novice

Post by george-elliott »

Another update: TS 5 beta was uninstalled, and TS 4 was re-installed. This time, TS 4 did not cause any noticeable problems in other programs. Was this because the first download was corrupted? Or was it because some defect in W-7 (64 bit) was fixed on Patch Tuesday? However that might be, the problem of slow scrolling (in other programs) should be counted as fixed.

TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional
Rank VI - Professional

Post by TopStyle Support »

I seriously doubt TS4 causes "slow scrolling in other programs". I'm guessing some other problem just happened to arise on your PC more or less at the same time you installed TS4.