Win7/FTP drive

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
jondor
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Win7/FTP drive

Post by jondor »

Hi,

Until shortly I used a webdrive tool to make external ftp sites (in this case the internal ftp representation of a CMS) available as a drive on my machine. As the tool was old this game more and more problemens and I was hoping that win7 would come to the resque as it has this functionality build in.

Regretfully TopStyle sees the shortcut as a file which should be edited (giving binary data in the editor) instead of showing the contents of the remote drive.

The buildin FTP tools never worked for me. It shows folders but not files, maybe due to the names these files have ("pobject.view.html.any" fe.)

Anyhow, as win7 shows remote sites as drives I would expect to see these drives also as such in topstyle.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Win7/FTP drive

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Have you tried WebDrive?
http://www.webdrive.com/products/webdrive/winindex.html

It seems current, as it says it supports Windows 7, both 32-bit and 64-bit editions.

That's the program I recommend, though I don't use it myself since I don't have a need for it.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
jondor
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by jondor »

It's the tool which I have been using (although in an older version) until now.
But.. since this functionality is available in win7 I think I may expect it work also with the win7 compatible applications. Hence my bug report.
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Post by TopStyle Support »

jondor wrote: The buildin FTP tools never worked for me. It shows folders but not files, maybe due to the names these files have ("pobject.view.html.any" fe.)
By default, the FTP panel displays web files *only*. Because your files seem to have different extension(s), you might want to change the drop-down at the bottom of the FTP panel (below the files and folders) from "All Web Files" to "All Files".
jondor
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by jondor »

jondor wrote: The buildin FTP tools never worked for me. It shows folders but not files, maybe due to the names these files have ("pobject.view.html.any" fe.)
TopStyle Support wrote: By default, the FTP panel displays web files *only*. Because your files seem to have different extension(s), you might want to change the drop-down at the bottom of the FTP panel (below the files and folders) from "All Web Files" to "All Files".
Ok.. I didn't recheck decently.. the ftp explorer does work.. That's one problem solver. Leaves the other one of course, but for now I can work again!

Thanks!