Split window resizing

Post anything about TopStyle here. NOTE: TopStyle has been discontinued.

Moderator: TopStyle Support

gyoder
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Split window resizing

Post by gyoder » Sat May 12, 2012 9:33 am

This is a rather minor bug. It might better be called a "feature request," but I would think it is an obviously missing feature.

When the editor is in split window mode, one side of the editor has a fixed width or height (depending on orientation) and the other side has a resizable width or height. When the editor window is resized, only one of the sides resizes and it is impossible to move the divider to reapportion the sizes of the two sides.

Most similar UIs use a movable splitter for the split window feature.

TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional
Rank VI - Professional

Re: Split window resizing

Post by TopStyle Support » Sun May 13, 2012 5:28 am

Hi gyoder,

I'm not sure I understand. When in split view mode, the splitter (between the editor panels) adjust the width (or height) of both editor panels. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

gyoder
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by gyoder » Mon May 14, 2012 9:55 am

Thanks for the reply.

I probably missed something in my description. This is in regard to the version 5.0 beta package. In the split view mode I cannot find anything I can click and drag to move the splitter between the two views. It may be that something will drag it, but nothing changes the cursor to the double arrow heads that expect would appear when the mouse hovers over the area.

gyoder
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by gyoder » Mon May 14, 2012 1:22 pm

I tried this again this morning, and I am able to see the cursor changing, and I am able to resize the sides of the window. I guess my problem was just something wrong on my system, and not the program, so please ignore this. If the issue reappears, I'll try to remember to get more details, and see if I can reproduce it.

Thanks.