How to get my files listed on the left, like in Homesite

Post anything about TopStyle here. NOTE: TopStyle has been discontinued.

Moderator: TopStyle Support

cmeurer
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

How to get my files listed on the left, like in Homesite

Post by cmeurer » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:31 pm

I upgraded my laptop and Homesite was no longer compatible, so I am now trying out Topstyle. I don't like having to go to File > Open to open a new file, I'd like to have them all listed on the left like I did before, and just double-click to open them. Is this possible with Topstyle?

Also, on another topic, why do I keep seeing _ts4tmp.html in my files after working on something? It's annoying that I have to keep deleting it, and that it's creating new files without prompting. Is there a setting to turn this off?

Thanks!

TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional
Rank VI - Professional

Re: How to get my files listed on the left, like in Homesite

Post by TopStyle Support » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:24 pm

cmeurer wrote:I upgraded my laptop and Homesite was no longer compatible, so I am now trying out Topstyle. I don't like having to go to File > Open to open a new file, I'd like to have them all listed on the left like I did before, and just double-click to open them. Is this possible with Topstyle?
Yes. You can drag the File Explorer (by default located on the right) and then dock it on the left. If you do not like the stacked view, you can right-click the File Explorer and then pick "Tabbed".
cmeurer wrote: Also, on another topic, why do I keep seeing _ts4tmp.html in my files after working on something? It's annoying that I have to keep deleting it, and that it's creating new files without prompting. Is there a setting to turn this off?
This is needed for the internal preview. You do not have to delete it, because it is deleted automatically when TopStyle shuts down. However, you can change the setting for temporary file(s) here: Options (F8) > Preview > "delete temporary file(s)"

cmeurer
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Re: How to get my files listed on the left, like in Homesite

Post by cmeurer » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:43 pm

Awesome - thank you for your very helpful response!!