loose identation whencopy paste from css file

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
lionelts
Rank III - Intermediate

loose identation whencopy paste from css file

Post by lionelts »

i copy from chrome this css block (A)
body {
font-family: Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;
line-height: 1.3em;
margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
font-size: 12px;
color: #333;
}

when i paste this in the cursor mouse ( 2 tab space from the right ) I have only the first line that fit well
cursor locate after 2 tabs
<-2 tabs- -> (B)
body {
}

i ll think i ll have the above example name (C) instead (B)
curs-------> (C)
body {
}

but it was not the case even if i expect i can configure option to have (D) rendering
(D)
body {
}
I new user and test the feature topstyle 5 demo but ask mylself is there an option to configure rendering block ?
lionelts
Rank III - Intermediate

Re: loose identation whencopy paste from css file

Post by lionelts »

the textarea for write question in this forum take care of the white space beetween the left border and the beginning of text during edit the post but not when the post is rendering in the forum . My post has no value when i read it on this forum . I ll add an image to show you what i am expected .
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

lionelts wrote:the textarea for write question in this forum take care of the white space beetween the left border and the beginning of text during edit the post but not when the post is rendering in the forum . My post has no value when i read it on this forum . I ll add an image to show you what i am expected .
Please try putting the code in a code section using BBCode... it should preserve most or all the whitespace.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
lionelts
Rank III - Intermediate

Re: loose indentation when copy paste from css file

Post by lionelts »

my post what about not loose indentation , or that topstyle take care on the way we want selectors and attribute/ values are formated when a do a copy /paste. In a way it is like the behaviour when we do a copy from html page browser and paste in frontpage ; Frontpage ask if we paste the raw source without formating or take care (copy) formating information ( html tag ) .

for topstyle ; when we do a copy paste from chrome and topstyle we see the space beetween body and first attribute change and when we paste when the location of the cursor is 2 tab from the left ; only the tag element body is 2 tab from the left ; not the attribute .

This wish is not important because it make sense if we use less/Sass syntax .In the case it ll be nice that the bracket position is the same space from left ( see 2 capture screen) .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Post by TopStyle Support »

TopStyle will paste the exact contents of the clipboard, and won't do any extra formatting. If you would like to format your code, this is what Style Sweeper is for.