asy speed way to change/see value attribute effect

Post anything about TopStyle here. NOTE: TopStyle has been discontinued.

Moderator: TopStyle Support

lionelts
Rank III - Intermediate
Rank III - Intermediate

asy speed way to change/see value attribute effect

Post by lionelts » Thu May 02, 2013 5:48 pm

Hi
I wanted to change the value of a predefine properties of name padding-top: 44px;
I was thinking i could ddouble click for select "44px" and then use the arrow key to increas or decrease value like firefox debug do !
it was not possible , so i use the "ctr space " to make appear the window and i increment the number like in firefox debug but the value don't update the review tab , i need to close the windows for that ? it is not the easy way to open the windows close the window see the preview and again do the same thing ......

I discover that if i go to the style inspector on the line padding-top , increment value could be see in the preview .
The problem is when i code in the css file when i click on the line of the properties padding-top , the Style inspector do nothing !!!
I was thinking it could slide vertically the windows and positionned the css propreties name in the top instead let me search by myselft where is locate the properties name lost in the 300 item properties ( don't count each ) sing expand collapse if the value is not hidde in a sub item level .

The behaviour is also different for background values . In the css editor crr space show a window helper for select colr , but in the Style inspector we can't have acces to the windows helpers and have to change the value using keyboard !!

it ll be nice if windows helpers for test value appear in the two position ( css editor and style inspector) and that the update in the preview occur immeidatly after value change

Does it make sense ?

I see the preview is docakble so we can see the rendering inside another monitor screen , could we have an option to set keep the zoom to a predefine value even html or css event occur in the file that is rendering.

lionelts
Rank III - Intermediate
Rank III - Intermediate

Re: easy speed way to change/see value attribute effect

Post by lionelts » Wed May 08, 2013 5:44 pm

hi
i see when use only
1 the arrow key the crusor move ( top or bottom )
2 the arrow key and clik on CTrl it is the page that move

why not use ctrl Alt for change the value attribut of a property to change is value is cursor

background:url(check.png) -19px top no-repeat;
if cursor is focus on -19px Ctrl Alt should be the short cut to icnrement decrement the 19 value .

It ll be nice but perhap this is already implemented that when change occur to an item string , that the file is save from memory to filesystem without click on Ctr S or file Save menu .

regard's