Locking up repeatedly :(

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
vickiwatson
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Locking up repeatedly :(

Post by vickiwatson »

Had used topstyle 4 briefly in the past, but switched to another editor. After looking at topstyle5, I upgraded. I like the program and the new features, but it keeps freezing up on me, seemingly at random. I can't pinpoint anything that consistently causes it, but it's very annoying.

I'm using Windows 7. I'll click something or whatever and I get the Windows busy cursor icon, then the topstyle window goes whitish and goes into never never land, never to return until I close or shut down the program.

I know that's not a lot to go on, but any ideas what is wrong? Not sure I can continue to use this at the rate I'm going now. :(
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Re: Locking up repeatedly :(

Post by TopStyle Support »

Hi Vicky,

I'm sorry you're having this problem.

I have not been able to reproduce the freeze, but some customers have told us they can "un-freeze" TopStyle when they task-switch (Alt+Tab) to another application, and then task-switch (Alt+Tab) back to TopStyle.

Are you running Internet Explorer in TopStyle's internal preview? If yes, then you might want to consider switching to another display engine (for example: Google Chrome). Internet Explorer appears to be the common denominator for those who have reported the "freeze".

If nothing else works, my advice is to reset the TopStyle settings here: Options > Reset Settings.

Thanks!