Unordered List shortcut

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
TakeFlightGraphics
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Unordered List shortcut

Post by TakeFlightGraphics »

In Homesite, there is a right-click context menu that allows you to convert a selection to an unordered list. I made this function into a really great keyboard shortcut: CTRL L. In TopStyle 5, you only allow converting a selection to list items. Since this is one of my most used keyboard shortcuts, having to select and keyboard shortcut a selection twice and then strip out extra <li> tags really reduces my productivity.

I will not be able to use TopStyle for coding production work until this feature is added. So, back to Homesite for now.

Hope to see it in the next update if possible.

Thanks!
JSpav
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Re: Unordered List shortcut

Post by JSpav »

I'm a former Homesite user too. TopStyle 5 has exactly the same function.

In TopStyle 5, click Options>Keyboard Shortcuts (or hit Ctrl-F8)
In the tabs, select 1. Standard actions

Scroll down to Convert selection to ordered list

Set your keyboard shortcut.

You can do the same for unordered list on the next line.

It will wrap your selected lines when you hit Ctrl-l (or whatever key combination you prefer):
<ul>
<li>Line 1</li>
<li>more lines</li>
<li>yet more lines</li>
</ul>

Just like Homesite did.
TakeFlightGraphics
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Re: Unordered List shortcut

Post by TakeFlightGraphics »

Thank you! This is huge! You may have just saved me hours of searching for an HS replacement!

I have eyeballing SublimeText but reviews articulate that it's global find/replace is not as powerful and you still can't drag and drop files or images into the code. I can't believe that I am still using Homesite after all this time. However, I will keep exploring/configuring TopStyle 5 and hope to make it into a suitable replacement.