TopStyle locks up during remote CSS file reads

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
wwwcre8r
Rank 0 - Newcomer

TopStyle locks up during remote CSS file reads

Post by wwwcre8r »

I am a long-time registered user of your product… I've submitted this bug numerous times, also via email with no response.

I have one issue that I desperately need help with, I often work on sites via FTP/ SFTP and when editing code containing a reference to CSS, like a class or id, TopStyle will reach out to the remote server (I’m guessing) and retrieve the list of possible classes or ids that could be used.

This round-trip communication can take a very long time, upwards of 10 seconds or so for large CSS files. As you could imagine this is very frustrating to have to pause typing code to wait for this to happen every few minutes/ seconds depending on what I’m editing.

Please help, the lack of response is insulting and infuriating.

Regards, Will
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Re: TopStyle locks up during remote CSS file reads

Post by TopStyle Support »

Hi Will,

I apologize for the slow reply. I have been extremely busy.

You're right; the Property Inspector (and Insight) are populated with CSS classes from remote (FTP and SFTP) documents. Depending on the speed of your connection, this may seriously slow down your editing experience.

I have added this setting: Options (F8) > Inspector > "Include CSS classes from remote (FTP and SFTP) documents"

To be included with TopStyle version 5.0.0.102

Thank you,

--Stefan.