Google Adsense Javascript causes delays / freezing

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
mesquite
Rank I - Novice

Google Adsense Javascript causes delays / freezing

Post by mesquite »

I'm putting Google AdSense code into selected pages on my website. Whenever I attempt to save the page, or even go to another page, TopStyle will freeze because the Javascript checker is unnecessarily checking the code. I turned off all Javascript checks on the options section, but perhaps I must close the program and reopen it for that to take effect.
Anyway, saving a page should not result in a validation check behind the scenes. Going to another page should not cause a delay because of a hidden validation check.
TopStyle, in fact, goes into an unrecoverable loop quite often, usually when I am bringing up an external browser to view a page for the umpteenth time.
And while I'm at it, when TopStyle must be closed by Windows because it is not responding, TopStyle does not know what pages I have open. It should keep a permanent running log of open files, not just on closing, so that when it goes down, it does not forget which pages I have open at the moment.
TopStyle is the only program I use that regularly freezes, causing Windows to close it. This is a highly unstable program.
By the way, I will be going to Windows 10 when it first comes out. Will TopStyle be ready?
mesquite
Rank I - Novice

Re: Google Adsense Javascript causes delays / freezing

Post by mesquite »

Update - because I turned off all Validator Javascript options, I can now save files with Google AdSense code without TopStyle freezing.
But - when I am on a page with Google AdSense code, and I try to go to another page, TopStyle will still temporarily freeze and Windows will report it as not responding. I just have to wait TopStyle out. Why?
Here's a thought - TopStyle developers are using the latest very fast computers and they do not notice the freeze/delay. Try testing TopStyle on a three year old computer that was considered medium speed when it was new.
mesquite
Rank I - Novice

Post by mesquite »

Another problem - I updated a webpage that contains Google AdSense code, saved the page (no problem now), then clicked the x (close) button in the upper right hand corner to close the program. Two things happen: (1) the webpage I have edited and saved is closed along with any other pages that are open, and (2) the program freezes for a while (not responding) and I have to click the close button once or twice more for the program to close.
Thus TopStyle loses track of whatever pages I wished to remain open so they would be available next time.
mesquite
Rank I - Novice

Post by mesquite »

Still another problem - I edited and saved a webpage with AdSense code, then clicked on the HTML Validation button. The program froze, then a message from TopStyle popped up that said an error had occurred and would I allow it to send the error information (to TopStyle). Since I do not have an email program on my computer and do not want one, the error message could not be sent. TopStyle should instead, at my request, present me with the entire message, so I could copy it and send it from my online website hosting provider email account. Once I refused to send the message, the validation run was suddenly completed so that I could read it.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

Are you running any security software? You may want to try disabling it and seeing if that resolves anything. Many programs are overzealous and can cause problems.

If you're using CSE HTML Validator to validate, you may want to make sure you're running the latest version. If you think it could be a CSE HTML Validator issue then please let me know.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
mesquite
Rank I - Novice

Post by mesquite »

I disabled Norton Internet and got the same results. The HTML Validator is the latest version. This appears to be a start up problem.
Every time I open TopStyle, and a page with AdSense code is the one being viewed, it will go into some sort of long pause / non-response mode for about 30 seconds to a minute when I try to change to another page. After that, it acts normally until I open another page with AdSense code, then try to switch back to the previous one, then another long pause.
mesquite
Rank I - Novice

Post by mesquite »

I've had it with TopStyle freezing temporarily when it goes into an excessively long process instruction path because of bad design.
The company that owns TopStyle apparently does not care about the product or its customers.
I've dropped TopStyle and am now using UltraEdit which handles the same code without freezing at all.