Unexpected File Download dialog

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
Erik S. Klein
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Unexpected File Download dialog

Post by Erik S. Klein »

When I'm editing a particular file I get a file download dialog (pictured below) whenever I make a change.

It gets very annoying very fast. :)

What in the file could be causing this? All that's there is a form, a script reference and some basic HTML. . .
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Re: Unexpected File Download dialog

Post by TopStyle Support »

Can you send me this document, please? You can contact me here: support AT topstyle4 DOT com.

Here's what I'm thinking: TopStyle is feeding it's preview pane a .HTMLF document, but preview (read: Microsoft Internet Explorer) doesn't understand what to do with it because it doesn't understand the .HTMLF extension. The prompt is coming from Microsoft Internet Explorer, not TopStyle.

However, I would like to test your document myself.

Thanks, Stefan.
tranglos
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by tranglos »

Hi Stefan,

I am seeing the same behavior, except with .php files. When I open a php file in TopStyle, that same download dialog box appears. The file it's trying to "download" is the randomly-named preview file created by TopStyle.

On my system the php extension is not associated with any application. If it were associated, IE might just open the file in the confgigured application, which in some way could be even more distracting than this dialog box :)
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Post by TopStyle Support »

My advise is to use Server Mappings: Options (F8) > Preview > Mappings, because without some PHP server pre-processing your PHP document, previewing that PHP document doesn't make any sense.