Autocomplete / AutoIndent

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
fenddev
Rank I - Novice

Autocomplete / AutoIndent

Post by fenddev »

Is there a way to make autocomplete(css) to work without having to add space before a property? Just like with values, for example, when you write a property, the autocomplete pops out without having to add extra space, but after the value(followed by semicolon ofc), you must make a space first in order for autocomplete to appear. This is really annoying since i dont wanna have extra spaces in between, but on the other hand beeing able to use autocomplete.

And one more thing is, i have both autoindent properties disabled, since im one of those people who write their css in a single line format with tabbing like so:

Code: Select all

.class	 {padding:0;margin:0;background:#fff;}
.class2	{padding:0;margin:0;background:#fff;}
.class3	{padding:0;margin:0;background:#fff;}
Therefor when i write a selector and get the autoclosing braces with two spaces like so : .class { }, can that be changed so that the brackets are one after another and no spacing : .class{} cause both of these later on result different:

.class	 { padding:0;margin:0; } 
.class2	{ padding:0;margin:0; } 
.class3	{ padding:0;margin:0; } 
with above autocomplete problem we get :

.class	 { padding:0; margin:0; background:#fff; }
 .class2	{ padding:0; margin:0; background:#fff; }
 .class3	{ padding:0; margin:0; background:#fff; }
...imo those spacings are unnessecary and rly annoying, it would be great if one can work without those if so desired.

v4.0.0.67 / win7
v4.0.0.67 / XP
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Re: Autocomplete / AutoIndent

Post by TopStyle Support »

Is there a way to make autocomplete(css) to work without having to add space before a property? Just like with values, for example, when you write a property, the autocomplete pops out without having to add extra space, but after the value(followed by semicolon ofc), you must make a space first in order for autocomplete to appear. This is really annoying since i dont wanna have extra spaces in between, but on the other hand beeing able to use autocomplete.
When you enter a value (followed by a semicolon), there is no way of knowing what your intentions are. Maybe you want to enter another property. Maybe you can to close the rule. That is why CSS Insight does not appear automatically (unless you press Return and insert a line, that's when we assume you want/need another property). However, you can always make it appear manually via Ctrl+Space. In your case, my advice is not to press Space, but Ctrl+Space.
fenddev
Rank I - Novice

Re: Autocomplete / AutoIndent

Post by fenddev »

thx for the ctrl+space tip :)

and i agree yeah that there is no now way of knowing what a user wants after every semicolon, but in most cases that will be a new property, cause there arent many choices left, it is either a new property or a closing bracket,(maybe an ocational comment here and there :) ) everything else would be invalid. and since most of the ppl set the autoclosing brackets in the options menu that leaves us to properties, and i dont see any harm done if prior to entering my closing bracket i see an autocomplete popup :)

...or maybe autocomplete could popup after the first or the second letter, then spaces would be irrelevant as well as the question about what ones intentions are would be answered(at least partially)