FTP Editing Tweaks

Post anything about TopStyle here. NOTE: TopStyle has been discontinued.

Moderator: TopStyle Support

clarkedesign
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

FTP Editing Tweaks

Post by clarkedesign » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:53 am

Hi,

Could I suggest a few tweaks to the FTP editing facility in TopStyle 4

The list of files when browsing an FTP site seems to be sorted in a different order to local directories.
Try having some files beginning with _ (underscore)
On FTP sites they are listed at the end of the list after A-Z, and on a local directory at the start of the list before A-Z.
Could we just have them both sorted the same way please - just gets a bit confusing when you are used to one way.

Also when editing an FTP site file, can theTitle of the application be prefixed with the FTP site name.
All of our files are hosted on the same server for different sites with just a different username and password, so every file gets prefixed with ftp://ftp.ourhosting.co.uk rather than something site specific.
It gets confusing when each site has an ftp://ftp.ourhosting.co.uk/index.html file on it that you do not know which file you are editing.

Also following <!--#include file="myfile.asp"--> statements doesn't work correctly.
When clicking on these in the editor to follow the link, topstyle takes you into a web browser, rather than if this were a local file, taking you to the file itself for editing...

TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional
Rank VI - Professional

Re: FTP Editing Tweaks

Post by TopStyle Support » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:41 pm

The sorting in FTP explorer depends on the column. If you want to sort by a particular column, simply click it. If you want to reverse the sorting from ascending to descending (or vice versa), simply click that column again.

TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional
Rank VI - Professional

Re: FTP Editing Tweaks

Post by TopStyle Support » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:37 pm

Also following <!--#include file="myfile.asp"--> statements doesn't work correctly. When clicking on these in the editor to follow the link, topstyle takes you into a web browser, rather than if this were a local file, taking you to the file itself for editing...
I cannot seem to reproduce this. Can you send me an example document, please? (at my end, clicking this statement DOES open the other document in a new tab).