Taskbar Focus When Opening File From Explorer

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
rothkj1022
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Taskbar Focus When Opening File From Explorer

Post by rothkj1022 »

Hi Stefan,

I submitted this bug several years ago and Nick was unable to solve it, but am wondering if maybe you might be willing to take a crack at it.

I have assigned TopStyle to be my default editor for PHP files, and I frequently open files from an explorer window by double-clicking as opposed to opening them from within TopStyle. Problem is, once I've opened the file, TopStyle opens and grabs focus, but does not grab focus of the taskbar item. What ends up happening then is that I click on my explorer window item on the taskbar, nothing happens. I click again, it minimizes. I click a third time, and I am able to finally get back to my explorer window.

I realize this is just an annoyance for me, but it sure would be great to get this resolved. Hopefully this makes sense. Thanks in advance!

Kevin
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Re: Taskbar Focus When Opening File From Explorer

Post by TopStyle Support »

Hi Kevin,

I cannot seem to reproduce this (I'm running Windows 7, by the way).

Out of curiosity, are you using Internet Explorer as TopStyle's internal preview? I'm guessing maybe Mozilla Gecko is to blame for this "problem".

Thanks, Stefan.
rothkj1022
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Re: Taskbar Focus When Opening File From Explorer

Post by rothkj1022 »

Ok, some more details:

1. I am using Vista (x64), but I've had this problem in Vista x32, and WinXP.
2. The problem does not occur until opening a *second* file from explorer. So, TopStyle must already be open to experience the issue.