Can't find the Span HTML tag in Topstyle4?

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
__jb
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Can't find the Span HTML tag in Topstyle4?

Post by __jb »

I use the Span tag quite a lot, but can't seem to find it in Topstyle4.

<span style="color: Fuchsia;">New</span>

I use it to change the color of text and other stuff. I used to used Multiedit to write HTML. It was very easy to add Span tags like this using Topstyle Lite.

I used to use Topstyle for CSS pages, but want to start using it for HTML, too. I just can't find the Span tag.

Thanks,

-jb
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Re: Can't find the Span HTML tag in Topstyle4?

Post by TopStyle Support »

You can use the Clip Library for this.
__jb
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by __jb »

Perfect, thank you!

So it seems that the HTML toolbar buttons at the top must use the same clip library format. Is there a way I can add my HTML macros in as additional HTML toolbar items?

I figure this must be your plan as there wasn't initially an HTML folder under the Clip Library section.

-jb
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Post by TopStyle Support »

HTML toolbar items are somewhat more complex than Clip Library items because they (optionally) contain a user interface, and scripting. If you need a simple snippet (not requiring an input dialog and/or scripting), then add a new item to the Clip Library. If you need a more complex snippet, then add a new item to the HTML toolbar.