TopStyle hangs on Spell check

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
mclennan
Rank 0 - Newcomer

TopStyle hangs on Spell check

Post by mclennan »

I have Topstyle (4.0.0.77) hang when I try to "Add" a word to dictionary.
An error box pops up with the message -
"Invalid char index for insert: 8749. Valid range [0, 8452]" with an OK button.

Underneath that box is an "Application Error" box "Topstyle encountered a problem, Please tell us about this problem". There is a tick box to "Include a screenshot". If I click "Send error report", I then get a "Please describe what you were doing" box, I fill that in. My email client (OE Express) is then popped up in a window with a filled in email ready to send, but I cannot do so as the window does not have focus, nor can I get focus - so I cannot send you what looks to be a full error report.

During the process I can get multiple "Invalid char index for insert: 8749" messages. If I go to another application and back to Topstyle, I get another message, in the process of compiling this posting I've had maybe 10 or more messages popped up as I move between windows.

Mike
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Re: TopStyle hangs on Spell check

Post by TopStyle Support »

Hi Mike,

Do you happen to have reproducible steps? I would love to reproduce and fix this.

Thanks, Stefan.