Internet Explorer Script error

For topics about current BETA or future releases, including feature requests.
John Zeman
Rank III - Intermediate

Internet Explorer Script error

Post by John Zeman »

Hi Albert,

I've noticed an odd thing with the beta I'd like to bring to your attention. Whenever I send a page to CSE9, when CSE9 is not already running, I'll often see the following error as CSE9 launches:

Internet Explorer Script error:

'_gat' is undefined.

This happens on pages where I'm using Google Analytics code. The page validates fine, and I do not see that error when I view the page with I.E.6, only when CSE Pro 9 beta first initializes to check the page. Once CSE9 is running I never see that error again.

John
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hi John,

Sorry for not replying sooner but it was probably because I don't know why and didn't know what to say. :D

I can take a closer look if you could give me steps that I can take to reproduce the issue.

Also, does it happen in earlier versions like v8?
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
John Zeman
Rank III - Intermediate

Post by John Zeman »

Thanks for the response Albert. However believe it or not whatever was causing that error message, has stopped and gone away. For several days it happened every time I sent an html document containing some Google Analytics code to CSE 9, but then the error went away. And for the life of me I cannot duplicate it right now.

Just a WAG but I'm wondering if my system wasn't caught between a rock and a hard spot for awhile during Microsoft's weekly OS updates.

At any rate the problem seems to have cleared itself.

John

PS While it was happening it only happened in V9, V8 was ok.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Thanks John. Please let me know if it comes back and is reproducible.

I love errors that fix themselves! :D
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial