misc problems with 8991

For topics about current BETA or future releases, including feature requests.
roedygr
Rank V - Professional

misc problems with 8991

Post by roedygr »

1. When you load a document, I think it would be less confusing if either
a) you flipped to edit view.
b) if in browser view, show the page right away, don't show a blank screen.

2. I don't know how this happens, but somehow my batch scripts keep getting the flag turned off to ask that line to be considered. See if you can figure out why these flags disappear and block that route. Failing that, do an optional dialog box to make me confirm turning them off. It is very embarrassing to send stuff out into the world unchecked.
Also replace the word "no" by some ugly red icon to make its stand out that line is being suppressed.

3. I vaguely recall I used to be able to validate in the foreground with a batch mode percolating in the background. I can't do this any more.

4. the negative style sheet values it was improperly complaining about it seems happy with now.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: misc problems with 8991

Post by Albert Wiersch »

roedygr wrote:1. When you load a document, I think it would be less confusing if either
a) you flipped to edit view.
b) if in browser view, show the page right away, don't show a blank screen.
Thanks for the suggestion. Do you mean when in the Browser tab instead of the Editor tab and a new document is opened to auto-switch to the Editor tab? I think this may be best.
roedygr wrote:2. I don't know how this happens, but somehow my batch scripts keep getting the flag turned off to ask that line to be considered. See if you can figure out why these flags disappear and block that route. Failing that, do an optional dialog box to make me confirm turning them off. It is very embarrassing to send stuff out into the world unchecked.
Do you have the option enabled that sets process to 'No' automatically if a target validates without errors, warnings, or bad links? It's in the General tab of the Batch Wizard options.
roedygr wrote:3. I vaguely recall I used to be able to validate in the foreground with a batch mode percolating in the background. I can't do this any more.
Yes, in v8.9911 I disabled the editor when a target list is being processed because of possible problems that could occur. It should be safer this way.
roedygr wrote:4. the negative style sheet values it was improperly complaining about it seems happy with now.
That's good. :)
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial