PNG Images Reported as GIF

For topics about current BETA or future releases, including feature requests.
thacker abcdefg
Rank I - Novice

PNG Images Reported as GIF

Post by thacker abcdefg »

That latest BETA downloaded as of date of post --- All png images are being reported as gif images. This erroneously impacts the title attribute reporting within CSE.

Thanks.

Thacker
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Sorry, I don't understand? What exactly (and where) is CSE HTML Validator reporting? Can you copy and paste the message? Thank you.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
thacker abcdefg
Rank I - Novice

Albert--

My apologies.

What I am receiving within the Accessibility tab for all images that contain the alt attribute is the following:
This alt text contains the image extension ".gif". Generally it is not helpful to have such extensions in alt text. Make sure this alt text is helpful and provides value to the user. Alt text that is just a filename is rarely, if ever, helpful.
Additionally, will version 9.0 include a Firefox 3.0 extension?

Thanks.

Thacker[/quote]
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Thanks! I've found and fixed the problem for the next BETA. It was due to an improper code change made in BETA 2.
thacker abcdefg wrote:Additionally, will version 9.0 include a Firefox 3.0 extension?
There's no guarantees, but I hope to have a Firefox 3.0 compatible extension sometime in the near future.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
thacker abcdefg
Rank I - Novice

Thank you very much.
There's no guarantees, but I hope to have a Firefox 3.0 compatible extension sometime in the near future.
That extension has spoiled me. It is a tremendous convenience. I sure hope that you can get it done. If not, I will keep a copy of Firefox 2 installed for validation.

Thanks, again.

Thacker