MailTo Question and Table in Center

For topics about current BETA or future releases, including feature requests.
oldgrunt
Rank 0 - Newcomer
Rank 0 - Newcomer

MailTo Question and Table in Center

Post by oldgrunt » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:33 pm

mailto:wbfadmin@hotmail.com BAD - DNS A HREF - DNS problem with "hotmail.com" (9852: No DNS servers configured for local system)

Don't understand what you're looking for. Help

The "table" tag is contained in a "center" tag. Different browsers may render this very differently. For example, Internet Explorer 6.0 may center the table cell content (depending on the DOCTYPE) while Internet Explorer 5.5 does not.

I still feel this is overlooked and should at least default to at least warning, if not error.
:(

Albert Wiersch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MailTo Question and Table in Center

Post by Albert Wiersch » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:09 pm

oldgrunt wrote:mailto:wbfadmin@hotmail.com BAD - DNS A HREF - DNS problem with "hotmail.com" (9852: No DNS servers configured for local system)
It seems like you don't have a good, properly configured Internet connection. CSE HTML Validator is trying to make sure the domain name in the email address resolves to an IP address. The reason looks like it's because there are no configured DNS servers for your Internet connection.

Don't understand what you're looking for. Help
oldgrunt wrote:The "table" tag is contained in a "center" tag. Different browsers may render this very differently. For example, Internet Explorer 6.0 may center the table cell content (depending on the DOCTYPE) while Internet Explorer 5.5 does not.

I still feel this is overlooked and should at least default to at least warning, if not error.
:(
Good point. I'll try to re-evaluate this. It does seem like it might be worth a warning. You can probably change this yourself though by right-clicking on the message in the Results Window and changing the message type.
Albert Wiersch