An error occurred trying to run the JavaScript linter.

For topics about current BETA or future releases, including feature requests.
jscar
Rank II - Novice

An error occurred trying to run the JavaScript linter.

Post by jscar »

I am getting these errors in my batch report.

An error occurred trying to run the JavaScript linter. Error: 2005052003: CreateProcess() failed for ""C:\Program Files\HTMLValidator90\jsl\jsl.exe" -nologo -nofilelisting -nocontext -output-format "__FILE__(__LINE__:__COL__):__ERROR_PREFIX__: __ERROR_MSG__" --process "C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1.EDE\LOCALS~1\Temp\~cse_jobin33977848.tmp""

Anyone know what's going on?

Cheers

Julian
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: An error occurred trying to run the JavaScript linter.

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hi Julian,

Try disabling your malware/virus protection and see if that has an effect. I suspect it may be interfering.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
jscar
Rank II - Novice

Post by jscar »

Disabling AV doesn't seem to make any difference.
I have it runing on a virtual machine with 1Gb RAm and it sems OK if I stay under the 1000 doc limit but as soon as I go much over that I get a message about insufficient resources.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

jscar wrote:Disabling AV doesn't seem to make any difference.
I have it runing on a virtual machine with 1Gb RAm and it sems OK if I stay under the 1000 doc limit but as soon as I go much over that I get a message about insufficient resources.
OK, it sounds like a system resources limit then. I don't think it's a bug in CSE HTML Validator, but let me know if you think it is something I need to further research. I do would recommend you bump up the RAM if you're doing large Batch Wizard jobs as that may help.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
davidl53
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by davidl53 »

I have received a similar error.

Win XP SP3 4GB RAM Intel Core2 Quad

From a fresh restart, I first disabled Kaspersky then opened HTML-V Pro 10.0 2B. I opened one web page file from my computer and clicked the validate button. The first line is the following error message:

An error occurred trying to run the JavaScript linter. Error: 2005052003: CreateProcess() failed for ""C:\Program Files\HTMLValidator90\jsl\jsl.exe" -nologo -nofilelisting -nocontext -output-format "__FILE__(__LINE__:__COL__):__ERROR_PREFIX__: __ERROR_MSG__" --process "C:\MyFiles\080103\var\www\localhost\htdocs\davidl53\safetylit.org\httpdocs\~cse_jobin80606872.htm""

Even during the validation my system idle process doesn't drop below 96%

The online version of the file is at: http://www.safetylit.org/index.htm
davidl53
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by davidl53 »

Perhaps I should point out that, except for the JavaScript linter error message, the validation process is normal -- a couple of warnings are shown but I know about them.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

I'm sorry for the trouble. Please try reinstalling CSE HTML Validator with all security software & antivirus turned off. That has often been the cause of problems like this and reinstalling with it off my help. If that still doesn't work, then please let me know.

Then again, I see it is using a v9.0 path, so maybe it is a bug and it's trying to use a bad (old) path. Did you uninstall v9.0?
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

I researched this and it is indeed a bug since v10.0 is using the v9.0 path. I've fixed this in v10.0 BETA 2C. Thanks for the report!