sending a question procedure, Please

For general web development questions that are not specifically related to CSS HTML Validator. This includes (but is not limited to) general HTML, CSS, Accessibility, JavaScript, and SEO questions.
Houstin Hutton
Rank 0 - Newcomer

sending a question procedure, Please

Post by Houstin Hutton »

Simcoe Website Template snagit(out of date) showing background.png
Simcoe Website Template snagit(out of date) showing background.png (257.79 KiB) Viewed 5111 times
logo.jpg
logo.jpg (39.82 KiB) Viewed 5111 times
(1) I copied and pasted on the forum the same question I asked Albert.
(2) I could not load any HTML code or TXT code of the upper portion of my website template build.
(3) I did attach the CSS code.
(4) I modified the copied and pasted question to be posted.

Then all went away. My question is what is the procedure for the forum.
Did my question get sent. And how do I know when and answer is posted?

Thanks to everyone who gives of their time to educate those of us who are not as advanced along the coding trail.
I believe I know what I want I just can't get there. Still studying though.

Houstin Hutton
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: sending a question procedure, Please

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hi Houstin,

In response to the private email you sent (with the HTML & CSS files & more) and your post here, I took a look.

You wanted to center the master-container. You should be able to fix this by removing "width: 1050px;" from the body rule.

To get header-3 where you want it, the end tags for the header-1 and header-2 div's must come first, then remove "clear: both;" from the header-3 CSS rule.

I hope this helps. I will email you back the CSS and HTML files. Also note that I changed the path to the view-screen.css file in the HTML file so I could do the testing.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial