A milestone (of sorts) reached in web specifications

Post here if your message doesn't fit into another forum but is still about web development. Includes site critiques, web hosting and server questions, helpful software and resources, and more.
MikeGale
Rank VI - Professional
Rank VI - Professional

A milestone (of sorts) reached in web specifications

Post by MikeGale » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:43 pm

I see that some sort of agreement http://j.mp/1u9aHCb has been reached in the broken specification process that currently plagues XHTML definition!

Albert Wiersch
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A milestone (of sorts) reached in web specifications

Post by Albert Wiersch » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:10 pm

Wow. It's really hard for me to believe that HTML5 is finally a "Recommendation" and is complete (at least as far as the W3C is concerned)!

I wonder if HTML6 will take another 15 years. I suspect HTML 5.1 will be ready before then though. HTML6 could be 20+ years away at this rate. :mrgreen:
Albert Wiersch

MikeGale
Rank VI - Professional
Rank VI - Professional

Re: A milestone (of sorts) reached in web specifications

Post by MikeGale » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:07 pm

I guess that some people who were foolishly hoping for adequate progress, may pause to think.

The web might "fork". Some content defined as an improved XHTML with decent widgets and the ability to express things that HTML 5 fails to imagine. Would be interesting, and the current "system" has certainly earned itself some competition. (If apps weren't platform specific...)