Microsoft Is Rumored To Be Building A New Browser

For general web development questions that are not specifically related to CSS HTML Validator. This includes (but is not limited to) general HTML, CSS, Accessibility, JavaScript, and SEO questions.
RSteinwand
Rank VI - Professional

Microsoft Is Rumored To Be Building A New Browser

Post by RSteinwand »

Microsoft Is Rumored To Be Building A New Browser That Is Not Internet Explorer

I’m not sure what to think about this.

http://techcrunch.com/2014/12/29/micros ... -explorer/
Rick
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Microsoft Is Rumored To Be Building A New Browser

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Details seem rather "thin" at this point... but a fast, lightweight, standards-compliant browser that runs great on many different platforms and devices sounds like a good idea to me (if that's what it is supposed to be). :D
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
RSteinwand
Rank VI - Professional

Post by RSteinwand »

Hi Albert,

The problem I have with IE is it's tendency to crash for the stupidest reason. I've seen it work fine, then crash at narrow widths when testing a responsive page.

If it was more stable, I'd feel a lot better about it.
Rick
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Interesting. I haven't noticed stability problems with IE but then again I don't use it much... but bug fixes and stability improvements are always good and I don't doubt that IE is probably loaded with them.

In fact I had to add some special IE-specific coding to the main page of my website in order to make IE wrap the text I had in a box properly. I think it's been that way for several versions and they still haven't fixed it. Works fine in all the other browsers.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
ReneK
Rank II - Novice

Post by ReneK »