What is Container based hosting?

For general web development questions that are not specifically related to CSS HTML Validator. This includes (but is not limited to) general HTML, CSS, Accessibility, JavaScript, and SEO questions.
oliverusselldev
Rank 0 - Newcomer

What is Container based hosting?

Post by oliverusselldev »

What difference does Kyup offers from the other providers? I heard it is based on containers, my question is what is container-based hosting and how it differs from the rest and where can I get Kyup hosting on a reasonable price while maintaining my websites speed?
MikeGale
Rank VI - Professional

Re: What is Container based hosting?

Post by MikeGale »

The answer that makes sense to you will depend on your background.

I have no idea about Kyup and where you can get it.

Hope the following helps.

Containers are a bit like VM's (Virtual Machines) but lighter weight. The architecture differs from VM's (obviously).

If you explore how Docker works that will give you a good idea.

You could conceptually think of a "cascade" of hosting options:
  1. Web farm with your site on multiple machines
  2. Dedicated server with only your site
  3. "Virtual" site running under the management of the web server, share hardware with other sites
  4. Running your site on a VM
  5. Running your site in a container
(Running on multiple VM's etc. make the picture much more interesting than the sketch above!)
AdamRoot
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Container based hosting

Post by AdamRoot »

Container-based hosting enabled multiple users to host applications in isolation to each other, those applications could be anything but hosting web servers was the primary use. The hosted environment looked like a complete working operating environment, it would have its own file system, network address, memory space, users and applications.

As a business owner, you would be busy in running campaigns and might forget to scale your server. However, with Cloudways Managed Kyup Hosting by your side, you can leave the auto-scaling worries behind.You can now launch scalable containers using the Managed Kyup Cloud Hosting from Cloudways.