Transitioning Customers site.

For general web development questions that are not specifically related to CSS HTML Validator. This includes (but is not limited to) general HTML, CSS, Accessibility, JavaScript, and SEO questions.
JamesKievits
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Transitioning Customers site.

Post by JamesKievits »

I have a customer who has a site based on weebly, but wants to add a forum to their site which weebly is unable to have (or most options I’ve seen arent that good). But they love the lay out of their site and want to keep it looking the same.

So I’m looking to transition the site from Weebly to WP so i can add a forum.
I am worried that changing from Weebly to WP will not only slow the load times for the site but also remove any google rankings etc.

My question is, can someone suggest a WP theme (preferably free) that looks similar to my customers existing site and whether it will cause any slower load times for the site in general.
Here is the http://www.caboolturetreeremoval.com

Thanks in advance. :D
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Transitioning Customers site.

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Have you tried asking this on a forum devoted to WP? That would probably be a better place to ask WordPress questions.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
MikeGale
Rank VI - Professional

Re: Transitioning Customers site.

Post by MikeGale »

I've seen sites slow down when moved to WP.

One option is to form a subdomain and put that only on WP if that's what you want. If you do that I agree with Albert that WP fora are the places to ask. I recommend building your own styling if it's important, rather than trying to shoehorn something else. (I haven't looked at the current version of WP styling. The previous way meant a whole lot of learning even for the most experienced CSS designer, so take a look before leaping!)