spacing out

For general web development questions that are not specifically related to CSS HTML Validator. This includes (but is not limited to) general HTML, CSS, Accessibility, JavaScript, and SEO questions.
malcolmpugh
Rank 0 - Newcomer

spacing out

Post by malcolmpugh »

My partner uploaded two websites and managed to get them double spaced as in a line of saces every other line.

have you got a facility in there where I can strip out blank lines??

you see the mind blowingly paint drying on walls alternative here............

this may well be useful for others. It happens a lot with editors. I guess I do a replace of blanks with zilch but im sure a man of your caliber will know these things off pat.....

mal
malcolm pugh - webmaster stiffsteiffs teddy bears
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

There are some options in CSE HTML Validator which may help if you can't go back to the original document.

In CSE HTML Validator's editor, you can select the text you want to process (Ctrl+A) to select all, then right-click to bring up the context menu. There's a "Selection->Remove" submenu in there with some choices to remove line breaks. It may not perfectly undo the problem but it may help.

By the way, I suspect this is caused by doing "ASCII" transfers. It's probably best to make sure you do binary transfers (like in an FTP program) so newline characters aren't changed.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

In the next update, there will be a new "Selection->Remove->Double Blank Lines" option which should fix these documents. For testing, can you send me (email me via attachment to support at htmlvalidator dot com) one or two of these documents that you are having problems with to make sure it will fix it?
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial