Different views in IE7

Post here if your message doesn't fit into another forum but is still about web development. Includes site critiques, web hosting and server questions, helpful software and resources, and more.
Cheyenne
Rank III - Intermediate
Rank III - Intermediate

Different views in IE7

Post by Cheyenne » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:07 pm

Here is my website: http://www.cableguymom.com/Holidays.html

On each individual page, I have the same "boxes" leading to each page.

I have IE7. At someone else's home Saturday, I pulled up my page and the boxes were vertical instead of horizontal. Asked what browser he was using - IE7.

I realize that webpages look different in different browsers such as Netscape, Firefox, etc., but in the same browser?

Any thoughts?

raye
Rank I - Novice
Rank I - Novice

Post by raye » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:16 am

It's the window size - with a larger browser window, the buttons are horizontal - reduce the browser window a bit and the buttons are vertical.

The margins are set to 250px right and left for the navcontainer class, and then 110px left & right on the <ul> that contains your navigation. I would try reducing the margins on .navcontainer ul - and see how that works.

Cheyenne
Rank III - Intermediate
Rank III - Intermediate

Post by Cheyenne » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:19 am

Since I rarely get to their home to see their screen, what size do you suggest I reduce to.

Thank you for the prompt answer.

raye
Rank I - Novice
Rank I - Novice

Post by raye » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:56 pm

Just reduce your own browser window - you'll be able to see the affect there, and adjust the margins accordingly to get the best compromise to the look & behaviour that you're after