Text Inserters - Any Suggestions?

Post here if your topic is about CSS HTML Validator but doesn't fit in another forum.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Text Inserters - Any Suggestions?

Post by Albert Wiersch »

I'm doing some work (improvements and updates) with the text inserters in CSE HTML Validator's Editor (the HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and PHP inserters) for a v10.01 update and was wondering if there is anyone here who uses them with any regularity and if there were any suggestions for improvement? For example, do you think that there is anything missing that should be in there?

Thanks!
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Dr. Kral
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Re: Text Inserters - Any Suggestions?

Post by Dr. Kral »

I like the inserter capabilities. They speed up writing of pages by providing a quick, easy of putting standard tags, and method and attribute names with the correct spelling.

In HTML, it would be nice to have some longer forms such as <input type="checkbox"> rather than just <input type="|"> since there are only ten options. Required items such as rows and cols for <textarea> should also be there.

In JS, I would like more methods such as .getElemementById(|) and .styleSheets[|] and properties.

Some methods usually have a standard prefix such as screen, window and document so when selects as, .styleSheet one can also automatically get
document.styleSheets[|]

Thanks for asking.

K.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Text Inserters - Any Suggestions?

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Dr. Kral wrote:In HTML, it would be nice to have some longer forms such as <input type="checkbox"> rather than just <input type="|"> since there are only ten options. Required items such as rows and cols for <textarea> should also be there.
Thanks. That should be in the next update. However, there are many more than 10 input types if you include HTML5. I've seperated them into two submenus so it is clear which are the new HTML5 input types.
Dr. Kral wrote:In JS, I would like more methods such as .getElemementById(|) and .styleSheets[|] and properties.
Thanks. Those, as well as other methods and properties have been added to the JavaScript inserter.
Dr. Kral wrote:Some methods usually have a standard prefix such as screen, window and document so when selects as, .styleSheet one can also automatically get document.styleSheets[|]
In the next update, some options will let you hold down the SHIFT key while selecting the option to prepend the standard object names. The hint which displays in the status bar will let you know what holding down the SHIFT key will prepend.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial