[RESOLVED] Start Batch Wizard From Shortcut

Post here if your topic is about CSS HTML Validator but doesn't fit in another forum.
paulp575
Rank IV - Intermediate

[RESOLVED] Start Batch Wizard From Shortcut

Post by paulp575 »

Is there a way to start the Batch Wizard from a command line or shortcut?

Thanks

Paul
Last edited by paulp575 on Wed May 25, 2022 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Start Batch Wizard From Shortcut

Post by Albert Wiersch »

paulp575 wrote:Is there a way to start the Batch Wizard from a command line or shortcut?
Yes! You can use cmdlineprocessor.exe with the -b command.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
paulp575
Rank IV - Intermediate

Re: Start Batch Wizard From Shortcut

Post by paulp575 »

Albert Wiersch wrote:
paulp575 wrote:Is there a way to start the Batch Wizard from a command line or shortcut?
Yes! You can use cmdlineprocessor.exe with the -b command.
OK, tried it and while it works fine, I can't use it because it keeps asking for a filename. Unfortunately I do not have a default filename to use; I have several folders in which I'd like to use it, but the filenames in these folders are different.

What I'm attempting to do is to have the Batch Wizard open up and let me manually select the HTML files to be checked.

Appreciate the assistance,

Paul
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hi Paul,

You may find it easier just to load CSE's editor then hit F2 to go to the Batch Wizard and then manually add the files and create a target list. The -b option is to process a target list and the filename it wants is the filename of the target list you made (and then saved) in the Batch Wizard.

So you could use the Batch Wizard to make a target list of the directories you want to validate, then save the target list and then use cmdlineprocessor.exe -b <target list filename>. Perhaps this is what you wanted to do?
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial