HTML / CSS Help feature

Post here if your topic is about CSS HTML Validator but doesn't fit in another forum.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

HTML / CSS Help feature

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Don't forget about the HTML / CSS help feature in CSE HTML Validator's editor.

It has recently been improved to be more helpful.

Simply place the editor cursor near an HTML element or CSS property, wait about a second for it to update, and then press 'F1' to open the relevant help page in your default browser. From there you should be able to see and click on useful links for more information about the HTML element or CSS property. I use it frequently to quickly access the specification on the HTML or CSS property I am interested in.

For example, if you want help on the "table" element, then place the cursor near a "table" tag in a document (or just type one up - "<table" is all that's needed), then press F1 and it will take you to a page like this:
http://www.htmlvalidator.com/help.php?m=2&h=table

From the above help page, you can quickly see related elements, "table" attributes, and a very useful "Recommended Links" section that lets you easily access more detailed information about the element from various specifications (like HTML 4.01, HTML 5, HTML 5.1, and WHATWG) and MDN (Mozilla Developer Network).
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Marky
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Re: HTML / CSS Help feature

Post by Marky »

Thanks,that's some good advice! I've been working with HTML Validator for some time now and this will really help me out.