3rd party tool integration

Post here if your topic is about CSS HTML Validator but doesn't fit in another forum.
MichaelBate
Rank 0 - Newcomer

3rd party tool integration

Post by MichaelBate »

Unless I am missing something, CSE HTML Validator Pro provides no means to invoke 3rd party tools.

Specifically, I would like to be able to invoke Javascript Lint (www.javascriptlint.com) which is a command line tool that writes to standard output. I have succeeded in setting up my editor (SlickEdit) to call this and even to jump to offending lines of code, but I have a friend who does not have SlickEdit who would like to use it with your validator. We are both licensed users of the PRO version.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

You're correct that CSS HTML Validator does not provide a means to invoke third party tools. This may be added in a future release.

However, we will be releasing CSS HTML Validator Pro v9.0 BETA 1 soon and it will integrate with JavaScript Lint.

I'd like to get your feedback on this new feature so please opt-in to our BETA mailings if you haven't already and try out the BETA when it is released:
https://www.htmlvalidator.com/htmlval/p ... lprefs.php
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial