JavaScript for 'alert window'

For general web development questions that are not specifically related to CSS HTML Validator. This includes (but is not limited to) general HTML, CSS, Accessibility, JavaScript, and SEO questions.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

JavaScript for 'alert window'

Post by Albert Wiersch »

I had someone ask me this:
...would it be possible to get (from You ???) a JAVA-SCRIPT for an alert-WINDOW - in order to inform, a NEW article etc. is available on my homepage. Till now - a have made it, from time to time, by a ... simple, mostly a big new TABLE on the middle of the PORTAL-page. But a "table-information" is not a good solution in such case.

My option for any Java-Script, to inform about new matters, would be in this way:

- A WINDOW - able to be brought forwared-shift.
- With a "x" (or ex.gr.: close ) - while not already necessary.
- Possibility to be able formatted (background, colour ...).

Or: maybe You could be able to show me a good source of such free Java-Scripts, I could be able to find what I am seeking.
Such a script to alert visitors to an important piece of news or a new article sounds like it would be useful to a lot of websites so I imagine something good must be out there. Does anyone have a recommendation for such a script? Thanks!
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
RSteinwand
Rank VI - Professional

Re: JavaScript for 'alert window'

Post by RSteinwand »

Sounds like the Forbes website notice.
Rick