JavaScript problems

For general web development questions that are not specifically related to CSS HTML Validator. This includes (but is not limited to) general HTML, CSS, Accessibility, JavaScript, and SEO questions.
Marky
Rank 0 - Newcomer

JavaScript problems

Post by Marky »

Sorry if this is a really stupid question but I'm new to this and need some help please. My JavaScript is not working properly and I don't know how to solve this. Some websites are not displayed or don't load correctly. And when I open my email (with hotmail) and click on links to load pages, there is a message that I need to enable JavaScript. I've downloaded the current version of Java but it hasn't helped :( Anyone got any ideas? Thanks :)
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: JavaScript problems

Post by Albert Wiersch »

It sounds like JavaScript may be disabled in your browser.

This site should help:
http://www.enable-javascript.com/

I do find it interesting that the usual option to disable JavaScript has been removed from Firefox 23.

More here:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/quest ... t&r=0&as=s

It seems that turning off JavaScript in Firefox 23+ can now only be done using an add-on or about:config. Personally, I don't like this as it makes it more difficult to disable, but I'm sure it stops some people from disabling it when they don't really know what they're doing and from disabling it accidentally.
Tylerdowner wrote:I'm going to lock this thread, all relevant ways to turn JS on and off are above (Add-ons or about:config). this change was done to help protect the typical user from accidentally breaking Firefox and the web. For advanced users, either use an add-on or about:config. For those saying we should have moved it to an "Advanced users" menu, we did, that's what about:config is.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Marky
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Re: JavaScript problems

Post by Marky »

Thanks