My site runs php and tpl's

For general web development questions that are not specifically related to CSS HTML Validator. This includes (but is not limited to) general HTML, CSS, Accessibility, JavaScript, and SEO questions.
nextgen
Rank 0 - Newcomer

My site runs php and tpl's

Post by nextgen »

My site s running php-nuke and has its forum pages with the tpl extension. Can i safely open these files with cse and have it check the html insde the tpl's ?
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

I'm not familiar with those files. Can you send me some examples via attachment to support at htmlvalidator dot com so I can take a look?

CSE HTML Validator is designed to check documents after they have been processed by the server. That is, the final HTML output that is sent to the user's browser. It works best this way but may still be useful in other circumstances.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
nextgen
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by nextgen »

I sure can but you can also look at the very board you have for your site here. phpbb is run off of php and tpl files. I am attach some examples in a rar.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Thank you. I received the files.

I believe you should be able to safely open these files and edit them (I don't see why not--they are just text files). Depending on how much scripting is in the file, validating with CSE HTML Validator may be helpful. If there's not a lot of scripting, then it is more likely to be helpful.

Since CSE HTML Validator isn't validating a complete document, there may be error messages that appear that you would have to ignore. For example, some end tags may be missing because they are in another file such as a footer file. In that case, just ignore the errors for those missing end tags.

In many cases, CSE HTML Validator will generate useful messages from partial script files containing HTML. When checking some of the files you sent, I found some useful messages.

I hope this helps.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial