Validating and editing PHP pages

For general web development questions that are not specifically related to CSS HTML Validator. This includes (but is not limited to) general HTML, CSS, Accessibility, JavaScript, and SEO questions.
marcb
Rank II - Novice

Validating and editing PHP pages

Post by marcb »

I run a website that is using PHP. So, when validating a page, I load it in the browser preview window so that the complete HTML code is loaded and validated. This works fine.
However, a "somepage.php" page on my website in reality is only a PHP script that assembles the complete HTML page via a number of include or require_once statements. Consequently, when the validation detects errors, I cannot use the CSE editor to correct these errors since, while the editor correctly shows the complete HTML code, there is not really such file.
So, I correct the errors using another tool, in my case Topstyle. Re-validation then requires that I reload the page in CSE. Unfortunately, this does not seem to be possible. I assume that given the fact that the CSE editor was not used and that the main PHP script file wasn't changed, the "reload file" command is not available. I can use the "reload all" command, but this does not seem to reload the file either.
So, am I missing something? Otherwise, please provide an option to reload a file, even if it was not changed via the CSE editor or when the main PHP script file wasn't changed.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Validating and editing PHP pages

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

Have you tried reloading/refreshing from the browser window? There is a refresh button on the browser toolbar. I think that will do what you want.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
marcb
Rank II - Novice

Re: Validating and editing PHP pages

Post by marcb »

Don't know how I missed that one. I assume I'm getting too old for this type of stuff... Anyway, thanks for the tip. This works perfectly.