What do you do/use for SEO?

For general web development questions that are not specifically related to CSS HTML Validator. This includes (but is not limited to) general HTML, CSS, Accessibility, JavaScript, and SEO questions.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

What do you do/use for SEO?

Post by Albert Wiersch »

This is kind of like a poll question. What do you do or use to advertise your site or to help people find you through the search engines?

Also, I thought this site was interesting:
https://www.seositecheckup.com/
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Johnkitty

Re: What do you do/use for SEO?

Post by Johnkitty »

Of course, using or doing SEO for site will be better than doing advertising. This will save money, but it take long time to do it, and achieve the goal. Also must be patient in doing SEO.
omnireso
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by omnireso »

Hello,

I mainly use web directories, to whom I submit my client's websites using unique descriptions.
The major search engine's dashboards also provide useful guidelines (backlinks, ranks, SEO tips...)
Lou
Rank V - Professional

Post by Lou »

I submit a sitemap.xml to Google, Yahoo and Bing. also use RSS. I use robots.txt to guide bots away from things like forms and other non-content files.

There seems to be some disagreement over search engine use of meta key words and descriptions vs what their own bots find in the page. However, I do spend some time customizing these.
Lou
Say what you will about Sisyphus. He always has work.
almedajohnson
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by almedajohnson »

i used to do research and analysis first and then optimize my site. Used to do both off page and on page optimization
rag_gupta
Rank II - Novice

Post by rag_gupta »

I've just now started to understand one new seo principle...that your site's ranking in SERP can be directly proportional to user's time spent in site and also how much he/she is satisfied with SERP( does she search again or click SERP?). I think this is easy for a search engine to track.
One requirement before this will be that the title should be optimized well for search engines.

Total backlinks matter less. What's the use of such links however precious when the user simply skips and does not find her answer?

I'm learning this from many of my sites.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

rag_gupta wrote:I've just now started to understand one new seo principle...that your site's ranking in SERP can be directly proportional to user's time spent in site and also how much he/she is satisfied with SERP( does she search again or click SERP?). I think this is easy for a search engine to track.
One requirement before this will be that the title should be optimized well for search engines.
Interesting! Yes, this seems like another measure that search engines can use for rankings. I wonder though, have you come across any "studies" that examine this in more detail?
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
cadomagenge
Rank I - Novice

Post by cadomagenge »

i used to do analysis the hole websites first and then research the keyword for website. Used to do both off page and on page optimization
malika
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by malika »

I do proper on page optimisation first and then proceed on with Off page activities.
Later on we found phenq online here, I do Social Media Boost and manual Tier building strategy.

This helps me to rank my sites in top niche as well as micro niches