Open a document now?

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
Frontier
Rank I - Novice

Open a document now?

Post by Frontier »

Hi there :)

I am using the latest version (17.0200 pro). Whenever I open the program and go straight to the browser pane (which remembers the last page), I'm "greeted" with a window asking me "open a document now". If I click no and try to validate whatever page I'm seeing...I get the same question. The only way to get CSE HTML validator to validate ANY web page...is to go to any other URL and then back to the original URL...only THEN am I able to validate whatever page I started out with.

This only happens with some specfic pages...any particular reason why one can't start out with the built in browser?
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Open a document now?

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

I'm sorry for the trouble. I'd like to reproduce this on my end so I can know exactly what is happening.

Can you give me more details? Maybe the browser source is not coming in for the page you are viewing for some reason. Is there a URL I could use to try to reproduce this (I'm thinking it is related to the specific page you are viewing because you say it only happens with some pages)?
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Thank you for sending me a URL to try via private message. I was able to reproduce the problem with that URL. It looks like there is an encoding issue and CSE HTML Validator isn't loading the browser source because of it.

I should have the time to look into this in more detail tomorrow, and will get back to you as soon as I have a new build for you to try.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Frontier
Rank I - Novice

Post by Frontier »

Thank you for your reply, I'll let that temporary page stay there just for you :)

Sincerely,
Klaus
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Frontier wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 10:58 am Thank you for your reply, I'll let that temporary page stay there just for you :)
Great! :D
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

Please re-download CSE HTML Validator Professional from here:
https://www.htmlvalidator.com/download/registered.php

You should get v17.0233 even though the system will say you are getting an earlier version. Just run the setup program to update.

Please let me know how the browser works and the source is validated. I made some changes in how the browser source is handled, so hopefully it fixes this problem and doesn't create any new ones. :D
Frontier
Rank I - Novice

Post by Frontier »

Hi Again :)

It works! For a few seconds, it says "fileinfoclass::setFileTime() failed" - but it validates as wanted, so thank you for a very quick service :)
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Great! I'm glad it is working.

[see update] I did not notice any "fileinfoclass::setFileTime() failed" problem during my testing. Can you provide any specifics on how to reproduce that issue? I will see if I can find out what's causing it. UPDATE: Nevermind... I think I found the problem.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

Can you download the pro edition again and let me know if the "fileinfoclass::setFileTime() failed" issue is fixed? When you download it, you should get v17.0234. Thanks!
Frontier
Rank I - Novice

Post by Frontier »

No error, it's gone, thank you :)