Default validation mode setting not used

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
Frontier
Rank I - Novice

Default validation mode setting not used

Post by Frontier »

H there :)

When I start the latest CSE HTML Validator (17.04) and start to use the internal browser, and the default setting is set to "full", I still get a "errors only" comment + I have to switch the validation mode to full before being able to see the warnings etc.

Looking in the "Validate" menu, I can see that it's set to "Use default validation mode". And "Options - Validator engine options - Default validation mode" is set to "Full".
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Default validation mode setting not used

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

I'm sorry for the trouble.

Do you have flag 58 unchecked? This could be the problem. To check this, check the 'Validator Engine->Flags' options page in the Validator Engine Options. If flag 58 is unchecked, it will override the default validation mode in favor of an 'Errors only' check.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Frontier
Rank I - Novice

Post by Frontier »

It was disabled...now enabled, and I don't get the error anymore AND it works as intended - thank you :)
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Great! I'm glad that fixed it and you're very welcome. :D
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial