Link Checking - More Than 500

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
paulp575
Rank IV - Intermediate

Link Checking - More Than 500

Post by paulp575 »

I am getting a warning about having over 500 links in a file. The error window says HTML Validator will only display bad links. It gives me the option to change that. While the info in the window mentions how to change this, I'm not finding the place to change it.

I've attached a screenshot of the display window from v17.04.02.

Thanks.
Attachments
Over 500 Links.jpg
Over 500 Links.jpg (26.55 KiB) Viewed 3968 times
paulp575
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Link Checking - More Than 500

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

I'm sorry for the confusion. Please choose the Links tab in the Results Window and then right-click in the Results Window (but not directly on the tab) to see the context menu. Lastly choose 'Links->Show Only Bad Links When >500' to uncheck the option.

Show only bad links option in CSS HTML Validator
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
paulp575
Rank IV - Intermediate

Post by paulp575 »

I don't know what version of HTML Validator you are using; I don't see that; I'm using v17.04.02 Pro.
I've attached a screen shot of what I see when I right click on the "Links" tab.
Attachments
Over 500 Links-2.jpg
Over 500 Links-2.jpg (175.27 KiB) Viewed 3955 times
paulp575
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

Please try right-clicking on a link or anywhere in the Results Window instead of directly on the tab. In the next major release, I'll see if I can add the Links submenu to the context menu that appears when you right-click directly on the Links tab so it is there too.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
paulp575
Rank IV - Intermediate

Post by paulp575 »

Right clicking on a link DOES work!

Might want to reword the dialog box that is displayed when there's more than 500 links so it specifically says to click on a link in the Results window.

Thanks.
paulp575
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Great! Glad it works. :D

I'll either reword the tip or add the Links submenu to context menu for the tab itself in the next major release.

UPDATE: Right-clicking on the Links tab itself will now provide access to the Links submenu.