Batch Wizard no longer opens report

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
MBaas
Rank I - Novice

Batch Wizard no longer opens report

Post by MBaas »

The first few times I ran BW, it used to open its report in the browser. So then I started editing options etc., and suddenly the report is no longer opened!

Options > "When Done" > "Automatically open the report..." is checked! ("After validating..." is unchecked)
The log indicates where the report is to be found, if I then open it with the browser, the stats still shows errors - so I really see now reason why the report should not be shown...
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Batch Wizard no longer opens report

Post by Albert Wiersch »

That's strange. If the 'Automatically open the report...' option is checked then it should open.

If you have a lot of browser windows and/or tabs open, then maybe it is opening in one you didn't notice or can't see.

If you go to 'File->Reopen Last Report' (Ctrl+R) in the Batch Wizard then does it work?
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
MBaas
Rank I - Novice

Post by MBaas »

Actually Ctrl+R didn't work as well, I forgot to mention that.
Although I often have lots of browser tabs open, I made sure no validation-report was shown and also repeated the excercise with FF closed...

I have checked it and it is repeatable...and I now remember how that has gone away: I had switched default browser from Chrome to Firefox. And that is the reason! Changing to another browser as default re-enables "Open" for HTML-Files.
So I tried to go back to Firefox - and same effect again. However, double-clicking *.html in explorer opened them all the time and still does...
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

So it works when you use Chrome as the default browser but not Firefox? Maybe it is a bug or issue with Firefox.

CSS HTML Validator just tells the OS to open the report file. If it's not working then my guesses would be an OS configuration issue or maybe even some anti-virus or anti-malware program blocking it. Those programs sometime seem to want to block almost everything these days to "be on the safe side".

You may also want to try going to 'Default apps' in Windows and making sure that a default web browser is configured. Mine currently shows 'Google Chrome' as my default web browser and I have not had any issues with reports opening.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial