External exception EEFFACE.

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
mhavila
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Re: External exception EEFFACE.

Post by mhavila »

I've upgraded to CSE HTML Validator Standard v18.0023 in a new computer with Windows 10 64-bit.
When I open HTML files with extension (.html.en) ou (.html.pt-br) and try to Validate, I got this error dialog:
"External exception: EEFFACE."
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hello,

I'm sorry for the trouble. Can you send me a sample document and detailed instructions that I can use to reproduce this issue? Please email the document (via email attachment) and instructions to support at htmlvalidator.com.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
cmanvell
Rank II - Novice

Post by cmanvell »

I have the same problem, which occured after I installed the latest version of HTML Validator Standard edition.
I wanted a clean installation so uninstalled v.17 although I notice, now, that there are remains going back to v 12.0.
I working on Win7 Pro SP1 Dell laptop.
I was working on seven files and found that 3 validated fine and 4 reported the EEFFACE fault. At the time, I thought it was just one file that had the problem so duplicated it and gradually took more and more off the bottom of the file until the fault finally disappeared when I removed all three of these lines'
<script type="text/javascript" src="jscript/jscript.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="jscript/cr.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="jscript/feedback-slo.js"></script>
Going back to the complete file and removing just those three lines plus two more javascriot references in the body of the file got rid of the EEFFACE error.
I hope that helps.
Chris M.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Thanks Chris.

Unfortunately I still cannot reproduce this problem.

Does the problem occur for you with this file?
https://www.htmlvalidator.com/test/Exce ... FFACE.html
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
cmanvell
Rank II - Novice

Post by cmanvell »

Thank you, Albert. It worked fine.
All the pages that produced the EEFFACE error were old ones, where I had been updating the content, and were xhtml 1.0 Transitional. Once I changed to HTML5 the problem disappeared. It caused a few errors in the code but those will be easily sorted (I hope).
With best wishes,
Chris M.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

cmanvell wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:27 am Thank you, Albert. It worked fine.
All the pages that produced the EEFFACE error were old ones, where I had been updating the content, and were xhtml 1.0 Transitional. Once I changed to HTML5 the problem disappeared. It caused a few errors in the code but those will be easily sorted (I hope).
With best wishes,
Chris M.
Thank you! I was able to reproduce and fix the problem after changing the document to XHTML 1.0 Transitional. The fix will be in the next update (2018/v18.01).
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

CSS HTML Validator 2018/v18.01 is now available! Please update and let me know if you have any further problems.
cmanvell
Rank II - Novice

Post by cmanvell »

Thank you, Albert. That works fine.
Best wishes,
Chris.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Great! :D