Servers

For general web development questions that are not specifically related to CSS HTML Validator. This includes (but is not limited to) general HTML, CSS, Accessibility, JavaScript, and SEO questions.
Cheyenne
Rank III - Intermediate

Servers

Post by Cheyenne »

I am working on a client's webpage.

I have the information necessary to enter into his account.

Question:

Does a server recognize, then shuts down any entry point, when another computer tries to enter it?

I know that my end is right, because I entered my site's information and my server recognizes. My client has a different server.

Sorry, :roll: but don't know who else to ask. :?
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Servers

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Cheyenne wrote:I am working on a client's webpage.

I have the information necessary to enter into his account.

Question:

Does a server recognize, then shuts down any entry point, when another computer tries to enter it?

I know that my end is right, because I entered my site's information and my server recognizes. My client has a different server.

Sorry, :roll: but don't know who else to ask. :?
I'm not exactly sure I understand what you're asking, but typically a server will allow multiple computers and accounts to connect to it at once and the connections won't interfere with each other. Does that help?
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Cheyenne
Rank III - Intermediate

Post by Cheyenne »

Not exactly.

I am dealing with one account my client ordered last year. He has given me permission and his passwords to get into the account. Since the server company on record has s____@_____.net, will they accept questions from me, cheyenne@cableguymom.com?
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Cheyenne wrote:Not exactly.

I am dealing with one account my client ordered last year. He has given me permission and his passwords to get into the account. Since the server company on record has s____@_____.net, will they accept questions from me, cheyenne@cableguymom.com?
I don't know... I think you'll have to ask the server company. Maybe the account owner can authorize you to ask questions about his account.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Cheyenne
Rank III - Intermediate

Post by Cheyenne »

Thanks, Albert. :wink: