Hi-light Colour in Spell Check

For topics about current BETA or future releases, including feature requests.
pretentious
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Hi-light Colour in Spell Check

Post by pretentious »

With all these new screens especially on notebooks it is very hard to see what has been hi-lighted as a spelling error. It would be wonderful if I could choose my own hi-light colour.

Cheers.

T
"We wade in imperfect solutions." Simon Jeffes
RSteinwand
Rank VI - Professional

Post by RSteinwand »

I noticed the same problem with validation errors. Very hard to differentiate the color from the background color using Vista.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Re: Hi-light Colour in Spell Check

Post by Albert Wiersch »

pretentious wrote:With all these new screens especially on notebooks it is very hard to see what has been hi-lighted as a spelling error. It would be wonderful if I could choose my own hi-light colour.
Hello, are you referring to the red squiggly underline of misspelled words when live spelling is on? Are you wanting to change the color of this squiggly line?
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

RSteinwand wrote:I noticed the same problem with validation errors. Very hard to differentiate the color from the background color using Vista.
Hello,

The current V9.0 BETA does not highlight error or warning lines like V8. I am hoping that this feature will be added soon to the editor component that we use. Perhaps this is why you think you are not seeing the background color?
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
RSteinwand
Rank VI - Professional

Post by RSteinwand »

I think what I'm seeing is the current line has a very slighly darker bg color. When I click on an error in the lower message area, I have to click it about 6 or 7 times to find it in the top. Not as nice as previous version.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

RSteinwand wrote:I think what I'm seeing is the current line has a very slighly darker bg color. When I click on an error in the lower message area, I have to click it about 6 or 7 times to find it in the top. Not as nice as previous version.
Ok, thank you. You must be referring to the current line highlighting color. The older version didn't highlight the current line that the cursor was on so this is an additional feature over V8. You can turn it on or off in the Editor 1 tab of the Editor Options but cannot change the color. I'll see if I can add an option to change the highlight color.

UPDATE: I've added a new option to change the current line highlight (background) color in v9.0 BETA 2.