All ok message

For topics about current BETA or future releases, including feature requests.
roedygr
Rank V - Professional

All ok message

Post by roedygr »

The "all Ok" message is buried in the comments. It would be nice if it were at the top or outside that list altogether, perhaps big clear green check mark, or red X icon on the corner of that box.

The little coloured box in the top left probably currently has this function, but is a little too subtle.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Do you mean the "congratulations" message when there are no errors and no warnings? I could try moving that to the top of all messages. In previous BETAs it was at the top as a "blue" message (and not a green comment message), but a comment type message makes more sense with the design of CSE HTML Validator so I changed it to a comment in the current BETA... and thus the message automatically got moved down to be with the rest of the comments (but should still be the top comment type message).
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
roedygr
Rank V - Professional

Post by roedygr »

Yes, I mean the congratualtion message. However you coud do the same thing with an icon indicator not buriedin with the messages.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

OK, thanks for the feedback. The "Congratulations! There were no errors or warnings" message should now be at the very top of all messages in BETA 4.

What do you think of changing the icon for the "Validate" drop-down menu in the toolbar? Perhaps if the selected document has no errors or warnings then it could change to a smiley face, or change to a red "X" image if there are problems or the current image (that is used now) if the document isn't checked?
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial