Vista issues

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
Caged_Ferret
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Vista issues

Post by Caged_Ferret »

I recently had to restore my Vista machine and all the associated programs I had installed before.
One of them is TopStyle 4.
With the most recent install of TopStyle, I'm finding a very frustrating issue. It hangs up (freezes) for about a minute before it becomes "active" again.
This is for just about any changes done to the CSS document. Moving my cursor to a new line, saving, Alt/Tabbing to another window (DreamWeaver 8.0.2), etc.
I'm not a "casual" user of PCs. I have "tweaked" this recent restore as I did my previous installation. So nothing is out of the ordinary. At least none that are glaring or obvious to me.
Here is my software and operating system list:
TopStyle Version 4.0.0.77
Dreamweaver 8.0.2
Photoshop CS2 (v9)
Norton Internet Security Suite 2010
Vista Home Premium (all updates current)
2GIG RAM
180GB HDD (100GB free)

(If any other information is required, let me know)

No other programs are exhibiting these tendencies to freeze up.
As I mentioned, I did not have this issue before so I'm a bit concerned as it is slowing down my productivity and increasing my frustration level. :(

If anyone has any experience or words of wisdom, they will all be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Mike (AKA: Caged_Ferret)
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Re: Vista issues

Post by TopStyle Support »

Have you tried disabling your anti-virus solution? Does this improve the TopStyle performance?
Caged_Ferret
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Re: Vista issues

Post by Caged_Ferret »

Stefan van As wrote:Have you tried disabling your anti-virus solution? Does this improve the TopStyle performance?
Stefan,
I had seen in another similar post where you suggested to "reset" the program. I did that and so far *fingers crossed*, that seems to have done the trick.
If I encounter the same problem of freezing again, I will try the disabling of the anti-virus engine.

Thanks.

Mike