Need help with FTP Explorer

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
GOONiE
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Need help with FTP Explorer

Post by GOONiE »

Hi

How do I enable the view "FTP Explorer" tab "Show folder tree?
How do I change the file name in the view 'FTP Explorer'?

I have version 4.0.0.81

Thanks in advance
srdjan
Rank I - Novice

Re: Need help with FTP Explorer

Post by srdjan »

Hi GOONiE

I don't think any of these features exist in the current version of TopStyle (4).
Renaming and changing chmod of files on server are features that I really miss.
GOONiE
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by GOONiE »

Hi srdjan,
Well, to a missing feature in the FTP tab, I add a tree view.
I regret the lack of "folder tree", I work with Kohana framework and frequent navigate directories is essential.
Often working with skEdit (MacOSX), and there is perfectly resolved navigate the remote directory.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

What about a program like WebDrive, that lets you map an FTP server to a virtual drive letter?

http://www.webdrive.com/products/webdrive/index.html
Unlike a typical FTP client, WebDrive allows you to open and edit server-based files without the additional step of downloading the file. Using a simple wizard, you assign a network drive letter to the FTP Server. By connecting through a virtual drive, there is no need to learn a separate FTP client interface. You access and edit files on the server the same way that you interact with files on your local PC.

WebDrive is the only FTP Client that supports additional protocols such as WebDAV, SFTP and Amazon S3 and maps a drive letter to each of these servers. Please select the type of computer below to get more information and a free trial of the WebDrive FTP Client.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
GOONiE
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by GOONiE »

Thank you very much.

Your suggestion reminded me that you can map network drives.
Mapped network drive is visible in TopStyle, but you can not read its contents. Windows explorer easily read the contents of the disk.

I found a free equivalent:
http://www.killprog.com/fdrve.html - terribly slow saves changes to a file.

WebDrive - I have 20 days), take a look and it seems to me that I press the button "buy now"
daferub
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by daferub »

Albert Wiersch wrote:What about a program like WebDrive, that lets you map an FTP server to a virtual drive letter?

http://www.webdrive.com/products/webdrive/index.html
Unlike a typical FTP client, WebDrive allows you to open and edit server-based files without the additional step of downloading the file. Using a simple wizard, you assign a network drive letter to the FTP Server. By connecting through a virtual drive, there is no need to learn a separate FTP client interface. You access and edit files on the server the same way that you interact with files on your local PC.

WebDrive is the only FTP Client that supports additional protocols such as WebDAV, SFTP and Amazon S3 and maps a drive letter to each of these servers. Please select the type of computer below to get more information and a free trial of the WebDrive FTP Client.
Hi there,

I'm running topstyle with a best results, but I need a software to connect my server through SFTP that topstyle don't have.
What you suggest about WebDrive?

Let me know, thank you!
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Post by TopStyle Support »

daferub wrote:
Albert Wiersch wrote:I need a software to connect my server through SFTP that topstyle don't have.
TopStyle 5 is going to include this feature.