Batch wizard reporting with errors only mode

For technical support and bug reports for all editions of CSS HTML Validator, including htmlval for Linux and Mac.
Daniel Lacroix
Rank III - Intermediate

Batch wizard reporting with errors only mode

Post by Daniel Lacroix »

Hi Albert,

I am having the same problem.

I would like to re-enable the reporting of the require optional end tags and the require quoted attribute values in the batch wizard reports while doing a validation with Errors only mode.

The fixed I use with version 6.5 was the following

#jobsubtypesetbyflag=0;
if ( $jobsubtype!=-1 ) {
@processJobSubType();
if ($jobsubtype==1) {
setFlag(1,64,1);
setFlag(1,1024,0);
}
}

implemented in the Programs tab under Start Validation.

How would it be done under version 7.0x?

Thanks.

Daniel
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Hi Daniel,

Try adding this to the very end of the start validation program:

Code: Select all

if ($jobsubtype==1) {
 setFlag(1,64,1);
 setFlag(1,1024,0);
}
Please let me know how it works.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Daniel Lacroix
Rank III - Intermediate

Post by Daniel Lacroix »

Thanks Albert.

It works.

For the future releases, can the batch wizard verify which options are pre-selected so as to prevent this kind of manual patch.

Daniel
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Daniel Lacroix wrote:For the future releases, can the batch wizard verify which options are pre-selected so as to prevent this kind of manual patch.
Hi Daniel,

Errors only mode is designed to automatically set those options and ignore the user settings, so I'm not sure how to address this. I think it makes sense the way it is.

Another solution may be to go to Options->Validator Engine Options->Validator 1 Tab and uncheck the Show warnings, Show messages, and Show comment options. That should only show errors without affecting the other options like Errors only mode does.
Albert Wiersch, CSS HTML Validator Developer • Download CSS HTML Validator FREE Trial
Daniel Lacroix
Rank III - Intermediate

Post by Daniel Lacroix »

Albert,

I was running CSE with the 3 show options turned off in Validator Tab 1.
After further testing, I notice the following:

If in the Batch Wizard the validator is set to Normal then it would report the missing optional end tags and the missing quoted attributes. It wouldn't if the validator is set to Errors only in the Batch wizard.

Thanks.
Albert Wiersch
Site Admin

Post by Albert Wiersch »

Daniel Lacroix wrote:I was running CSE with the 3 show options turned off in Validator Tab 1.
After further testing, I notice the following:

If in the Batch Wizard the validator is set to Normal then it would report the missing optional end tags and the missing quoted attributes. It wouldn't if the validator is set to Errors only in the Batch wizard.
That's the correct behavior. By default, if you use "Errors only" mode, it overrides some settings like the ones you mentioned. The code I gave you to add to the start validation program "overrides the overrides" when you use "Errors only" mode. If you use "Normal", then it doesn't override any validator options.

I hope this makes sense!