chrome preview in tpstyle 4

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
busterkeaton
Rank 0 - Newcomer

chrome preview in tpstyle 4

Post by busterkeaton »

Hi,

i just purchased topstyle 4, but preview in chrome doesnt work. searching the forum , i only found
threads from 2009 and no solution. is there a workaround in the meantime to get chrome launched?

When configuring browsers, chrome is listed with the correct path, but when pressing F11 and clicking
on chrome, it doesnt start.

Any help appreciated.
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Re: chrome preview in tpstyle 4

Post by TopStyle Support »

busterkeaton wrote:i just purchased topstyle 4, but preview in chrome doesnt work. searching the forum , i only found
threads from 2009 and no solution. is there a workaround in the meantime to get chrome launched?

When configuring browsers, chrome is listed with the correct path, but when pressing F11 and clicking
on chrome, it doesnt start.
It seems to work for me. What is your path to Chrome? What document are you trying to preview?

Thanks, Stefan.
busterkeaton
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by busterkeaton »

Hi Stefan,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

simple html file
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Stefan van As

busterkeaton wrote:Hi Stefan,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

simple html file
Sounds like you have installed Google Pack (which includes Google Chrome) - is this correct?
busterkeaton
Rank 0 - Newcomer

Post by busterkeaton »

don't think so, that i installed gogle pack (didn't even know it exists, i thought i have downloaded and installed the pure browser, here on my desktop pc with win 7 ultimate google chrome is installed in D:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe I wonder why chrome was installed in this location and not in programfiles like on my notebook. by the way, meanwhile i deinstalled chrome on my notebook (win 7 premium), because it loads extremely slow, there is something wrong with chrome together with my notebok...
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

busterkeaton wrote:on my desktop pc with win 7 ultimate google chrome is installed in D:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
This is where Chrome is supposed to be. Does TopStyle preview in Chrome work here?
busterkeaton wrote:C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
This is where Google Pack usually installs Chrome.