Move _ts4tmp.asp to %appdata%

TopStyle has been discontinued and support is no longer available. The forum is read-only. NOTE: TopStyle was not developed by the makers of CSS HTML Validator.
CrispinH
Rank I - Novice

Move _ts4tmp.asp to %appdata%

Post by CrispinH »

When editing classic ASP files, a _ts4tmp.asp file appears in the same folder as the edited file. This can be a nusiance because it can be inadvertently copied in file sync operations and the like. Surely the most appropriate place for this is in the user's temp folder or %appdata% somewhere.

Regards

Crispin
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Re: Move _ts4tmp.asp to %appdata%

Post by TopStyle Support »

CrispinH wrote:When editing classic ASP files, a _ts4tmp.asp file appears in the same folder as the edited file. This can be a nusiance because it can be inadvertently copied in file sync operations and the like. Surely the most appropriate place for this is in the user's temp folder or %appdata% somewhere.
_ts4tmp.xxx is a temporary file that is written out every time the internal preview needs to update (the update frequency of internal preview is controlled here: Options (F8) > Preview > Auto Update - but that is another story)

if we would write out _ts4tmp.xxx to any location other than were the original document is, then external links (including images) would not work (not show up). that is why we cannot write _ts4tmp.xxx to %appdata% or elsewhere.
CrispinH
Rank I - Novice

Post by CrispinH »

Hi Stefan

Could it be a hidden file?
TopStyle Support
Rank VI - Professional

Post by TopStyle Support »

CrispinH wrote:Could it be a hidden file?
No problem. I'll add this to my list of things to do.